Research data for the paper Triangulating the Future: Developing scenarios of cyclist-automated vehicle interactions from literature, expert perspectives, and survey data
Research data for the paper Berge, S. H., de Winter, J., Cleij, D., & Hagenzieker, M. (2023). Triangulating the future: Developing scenarios of cyclist-automated vehicle interactions from literature, expert perspectives, and survey data (preprint).
In this study, we conducted a systematic literature review on cyclists and automated vehicles, held group interviews with eight traffic safety and automation experts, and gathered questionnaire data. The resulting scenario collection features 20 prototypical scenarios, categorised based on the road users' direction of movement. The survey results helped identify high-risk situations and areas of particular relevance for studying automated vehicle communication solutions.
The data set contains a .gdpx project file with anonymised transcripts, the full thematic analysis of the interview data, and a .xlsx file with the descriptive analysis and raw data from the questionnaire.
- 2023-05-08 first online, published, posted
- Supporting the interaction of Humans and Automated vehicles: Preparing for the EnvIronment of Tomorrow (grant code 860410) [more info...] European Commission
- Top financing ESR 10 in Supporting the interaction of Humans and Automated vehicles: Preparing for the Environment of Tomorrow (SHAPE-IT) (grant code 312213) [more info...] The Research Council of Norway
- [more info...] SWOV Institute for Road Safety
- [more info...] Institute of Transport Economics: Norwegian Centre for Transport Research
467e873677a22fc26f2d1b063144677520230508 Descriptive analysis and raw data from the questionnaire SHB.xlsx
647d0573d039501fd73c2ca46414bf0620230508 Thematic analysis SHB.qdpx
- download all files (zip)
6,497,800 bytes unzipped