4TU.ResearchData is an archive for research data in the technical sciences, open for use by all researchers. Hosted by the University of Delft (as part of the 4TU.Federation), it makes available 8,000+ datasets so far, from aerospace engineering to nanotechnology to geology.
Our new strategy emphasises our role both as a data archive, and also our role in drawing discipline specific communities of interest together to stimulate the use and reuse of research data. We wish to hire a Community Manager to help subject-based communities to develop standards, workflows and best practices for managing and sharing research data
Your main task is to help stimulate the creation and reuse of research data in specific subject areas within the technical sciences. You will:
- Identify subject areas in the technical sciences where there is potential to push forward the creation and re-use of FAIR data
- Help develop or contribute to subject-specific communities of data stewards and researchers, in particular amongst the 4TU universities
- Undertake a number of activities to encourage data reuse within these specific subject areas, eg identify and develop best practice, run workshops, develop training
- Undertake international collaboration with infrastructures and groups sharing similar agendas
- Promote the use of 4TU.ResearchData nationally and internationally
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who:
- Have a good understanding of the role that data management plays within contemporary research
- Show good knowledge of the current trends in research data management, eg FAIR Data, data stewardship
- Have good people and communication skills and awareness of how to build communities of interest
- Ideally, have knowledge of the Dutch Research Data Management landscape
- Ideally, have a background in the engineering sciences or another discipline relevant to the technical universities
- Ideally, excellent command of both Dutch and English
Conditions of employment
It is a position with a size of 36-40 hours. It is a temporary employment contract for a period of 2 years. The salary is based on scale 11 from the collective agreement for Dutch Universities with a minimum of €3637,- and a maximum of €4978,- gross per month for a full-time appointment. You will be classified on the basis of knowledge and experience. You will accrue pension via the ABP pension fund.
Besides of course the holiday allowance in May, you will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December. You can also compile a part of your terms of employment package yourself with the help of the Individual Terms and Conditions package, including buying and selling leave hours.
A good balance between work and private life is important. That is why you can make agreements about flexible working hours, you have many vacation days and parental leave is partially paid.
We think it is important that you can develop as well as possible and that you can carry out your work. We support this in various ways, including an extensive range of courses, career coaches or discounted sports.
Information and application
For information about this vacancy, please contact Alastair Dunning, Head, 4TU.ResearchData, email: email@example.com.
Interested to apply? Send a motivation letter and CV before 9 January 2020 to Mr. Alastair Dunning via email PO.UD@tudelft.nl mentioning vacancy number AT/UD/TUDL/2019-10.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.