File(s) not publicly available
Reason: Files contain personal information that can’t be disclosed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The optimal and cost effective approach of transthoracic echocardiography in ischemic stroke or TIA of undetermined cause
datasetposted on 17.02.2022, 11:56 by Gerlinde van der MatenGerlinde van der Maten, Matthijs Meijs, Heleen den Hertog
This dataset contains raw data and edited data from the Dutch multicenter ATTEST study. In this study, we determined the prevalence of major cardioembolic sources detected with transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) in 1084 patients with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA) of undetermined cause.
In addition, a cost-effectiveness model was developed to compare three strategies of TTE assessment: 1. TTE in all patients, 2. TTE only in patients that also have major electrocardiogram (ECG) abnormalities and 3. no TTE.
The dataset contains:
1. ATTEST study database: patient data that was entered in an online database, Castor EDC, and after completion downloaded as csv and SPSS files.
2. ATTEST study syntaxes: syntaxes used to edit data in SPSS
3. Cost-effectiveness model: excel model simulating three strategies of TTE assessment
4. Parameter sources: excel files combining results from literature searches used as parameters in the cost-effectiveness model
The database can be made available on request to be submitted to the Data Access Committee (project leaders: HM and MM).
Several conditions apply:
- Participants provided informent consent, and agreed that their data may be shared with other researchers who are involved in the study or have an interest in viewing the data.
- The project leaders (HM and MM) will decide if the request will be granted.
- No extra costs are involved in receiving the data.
- The dataset will be available after an embargo period of 2 years starting from 1 February 2022
- The dataset may be used for 3 months from the moment permission is granted.
- Data will be made available trough a downloadable link.
- Data may only be used for verification purposes, it may not be used for creating new materials or for commercial purposes.
- The dataset may not be linked to other datasets or be distributed in any other way.
- Data must be handled in accordance with the Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity, the GDPR and other applicable laws and regulations.